Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Good-bye Big Five...

I came home this afternoon and he was gone...

My parents sold the Big Five. I think my father put the ad in the paper yesterday and at 8 o'clock this morning people were already calling. Big Five went to a guy who lived close by and apparently had a Big Five of his own, leading us to conclude that he was buying ours for parts.

"Dad, I think he's an ivory dealer. His boots are ivory, his hat is ivory, and I'm pretty sure that check is ivory."
"Lisa, a guy who's got lots of ivory is less likely to hurt Stampy than a guy whose ivory supplies are low."

How appropriate that this episode aired today.

So sad...so many memories. And now we're going to get a car that will fit into the same amount of space as the hood of the Big Five.

"I got me a Chrysler, it's as big as a whale, and it's about to set sail"

2 comments:

Howie Chong said...

wasn't it Stampy?

Kare said...

Wasn't what Stampy??