Sunday, October 26, 2008

Victory at the Tower

I'm pretty happy with my performance this year climbing the CN Tower for the United Way. Actually, I'm quite pleased with how the whole thing went down, for these reasons:

  • It was raining, but it wasn't too cold. This was good because we had to walk outside for about 10 minutes just to get to the base of the tower.
  • My youngest brother agreed to do it with me. Although, by that I mean he agreed to be there at the same time, because...
  • My brother finished climbing in about half the time that I took. But I'm okay with that because...
  • I shaved about 7 minutes off of my time from last year. This is the second year in a row that I went into it with absolutely zero preparation. Not to mention...
  • I didn't feel like throwing up when I reached the top. I was sweaty and a little out of breath, but my strategy of stopping for about a minute after every 8 flights was really helpful.
  • We went out for breakfast at Fran's afterwards. So tasty...
  • And finally, I exceeded my fundraising goal by $10. Sweet! And thanks to everyone who sponsored me!
Something tells me that if I had done any kind of prep, I could have finished it in half an hour. My goal for next year.

"Rushing and racing and running in circles, moving so fast I'm forgetting my purpose"

No comments: