Monday, July 06, 2009

Finally Installed

This is it friends.  I've finally done it.  I'm living on my own in my condo.

I'm sure by now everyone knows what transpired between the time that I purchased this place over 3 years ago until last Wednesday, when I decided I had run out of reasons to delay moving in.  From unit repairs to the painting process to the manual labour of furniture assembly.  Who knew particle board could be so heavy?  It's sawdust and glue, for crying out loud.  Once the bed was constructed, I decided that was all I really needed to get started.  Granted, the process continues, which includes the arduous task of cleaning my former dwelling (I have SO MUCH CRAP) and the never-ending sea of plywood that has engulfed my living room and den.

Although it's taken some time to get used to sleeping in a new place (I feel like I'm in a hotel), I seem to have taken to single living really fast.  For example, in less than a week, I have already developed a habit of mooching food from others.  Friends, family, and even almost complete strangers.  I'd almost say that I'm proud of myself if I weren't so completely embarrassed.

So, it's been a really long time coming, but phase two is finally complete.  Sometimes it seemed like it would never happen.  Now...onwards and upwards to phase three...

"Don't stop believin'..."

No comments: