Friday, November 11, 2011

My Number

Today is November 11, 2011.  Essentially, 11-11-11.  It's not quite 11:00 yet, but I think there's no need for that.

I've always considered 11 to be my number.  I was born on the 11th, I lived at number 11, etc.  But I don't know if I could call it my lucky number.  I remember being kind of miserable when I was 11 years old.  Things didn't really turn around for me until I passed my 11th year.  I changed schools, I found my life-long friends, and I started to search for my happiness.  It hasn't been all smiles and sunshine since then, but I've tried to make the best of what I was given.

I guess luck is just another way of defining fate.  Not that it's predetermined, but that it's based on every decision made by you and every other person on Earth.  And it depends on how you interpret it.

Let's face it, when your number is up, will you be able to look back and consider yourself lucky?

"If I sorted it out, if I knew all about this one thing, wouldn't that be something?"

No comments: