Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cloud City

One of the more interesting worlds in the original Star Wars trilogy for me was Cloud City.  Pretty cool, living in the sky.

On Saturday morning, I woke up and looked out of my window.  I didn't see anything.  Not one thing except for the white cloud that I was suddenly living in.  Okay, I could kind of make out the adjacent buildings, but the fog had never been this thick in the past.  Nor had it ever lasted as long as it did.  At one point in the day, the skies did clear and everything was normal.  But then the fog rolled in again and again I was living in Cloud City.  I stepped out on my balcony and I couldn't see anything below me.  It was so eerie, hearing the traffic and other sounds around me but not seeing it.

Once darkness fell, it was even more creepy.  The spotlights from my neighbouring condo lit the fog in a deep shade of grey.  It was like looking out into a void.  But I wasn't worried.  My little box in the sky is sturdy.  But the weather right now is ridiculous. (Where were you winter??  I miss you...)

"I don't wanna come back down from this cloud, it's taken me all this, all this time"

No comments: