Saturday, November 22, 2003

The Story of My Life:

I've started another marathon cleaning session, and have begun to unearth some interesting artefacts from my past. More specifically, notes that were written by me or to me during that soap opera better known as high school. Now that enough time has passed and things have gone for better or for worse, it's utterly fascinating. I can now laugh at the things that we used to think were so damned important, or things that we would freak out about. Okay, when I say "we", it's more about "me" than anyone else, but I suppose the people who were involved were thinking about the same things and freaking out about similar stuff. I've found notes that were the instigator for other notes, and so on, and the whole timeline of events is pretty much documented. Which leads me to the question: should I keep this stuff or throw it out? I've been pretty good so far in throwing out my old junk (my inner pack rat is screaming in agony). But this is gold! It captures my high school experience so much more than a yearbook could (again, something that I used to think was SO important back in the day). I suppose I'll have to think about it a little more.

On a related and MUCH HAPPIER note, I found money! I'm glad I'm taking the time to examine everything I'm pitching out, otherwise I might possibly have thrown out $150 worth of traveller's cheques that I had totally forgotten about. You should have seen me earlier, jumping around and giggling with glee. YAY! Free money! Ding ding ding!

"But when it comes to being lucky he's cursed, and when it comes to loving me he's worst"

No comments: