Monday, October 16, 2006

"Hey George, the ocean called..."

One of the funniest moments of my life occurred last night. My brothers and I decided to go to Red Lobster so that they could attempt to take advanage of an "Endless Shrimp" situation. The process was a sight to behold. Okay, it wasn't like they had a towering stack of refill dishes in front of them. In all, they probably averaged something like 60-70 smallish shrimp each. But the strategies (e.g. "We're using the salad as a base" or "Good thing I'm wearing my loose jeans"), the observations (e.g. "I think the garlic butter has penetrated the lower layers of my skin") and the preparations for the consequences (e.g."I want my tombstone to say 'Death by Shrimp'...that would be so cool") made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to puke before they would.

"They say the devil's water, it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now"

No comments: