Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Greece is the Word

It was remarkably easier to decide on the vacation spot for 2007 than it was for 2006. That's right, I'm going to Greece! OPA!

For 10 days in May, I'll be island hopping with one of my best friends, soaking in the sun and the culture and possibly the ouzo (oof, my vacations are starting to become alcohol-based...).

The most perplexing thing here is that I'm going to a place where I don't speak the language but I know the alphabet. Alpha, beta, gamma, delta...they represented unknowns and constants and equations back in school. Plus, I only had to deal with them one at a time. Now I have to try and recognize them clustered into words. Oy... (oops, wrong language)

But before the sand and surf, I get to spend some time quality time with the snow! Next week is my long-awaited trip to Mont Tremblant with a friend and a small group of her cohorts. My skis have sat forlornly in the basement for too long!

"Step from the road to the sea to the sky and I do believe what we rely on"

2 comments:

Chris Croft said...

Well you should have alot of fun on all your vacations. I have to say it when you said OPA you made me think of my big fat greek wedding thank you for that blog and have a nice day!!! Hey you should visit my blog it is thetrumeterstune.blogspot.com
see ya

Chris Croft said...

sorry it is thetrumpeterstune.blogspot.com
sorry!!!!