Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jet Set

In approximately 24 hours, two things will happen:

1) One of my high-school friends will be married, and
2) I will be on the verge of landing in London.

The sting has effectively worn off (see previous blog). There's nothing left but excitement and a tiny bit of apprehension as I play the "What Am I Forgetting???" game. Not a fun game, unfortunately.

Does it always feel strange when it's finally time to go on a vacation you've planned for a long time? For me, it happens every time. It's not just a happy anticipation feeling, it's something else that I can't quite describe. And it only occurs in the moments before I leave. The second I get on the plane, it's vacation mode all the way. Maybe the feeling will go away as I continue to go on vacation more often. That's it...I just need more practice.

So, I'm signing off for now. In about 36 hours, I'll be in Athens. Opa!

"Sun is in the sky, oh why, oh why would I wanna be anywhere else?"

No comments: