Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm Not Worthy

Something exciting is happening at work. It is quite possible that I'm going on my first business trip.

Okay, it's not my VERY first business trip. My first business trip was back in my co-op days, when I was entrusted to drive a rented minivan carrying a rather important and expensive piece of gadgetry that needed to be tested IMMEDIATELY and since our testing equipment bit the big one, the only other place we could test it was in Ottawa. Oh yeah, and I had to drive the technician too. And I had about two hours' notice before I had to run home, pack an overnight bag, and head out into rush-hour traffic.

This time, however, I have about two weeks to prep for it, I'm probably going to fly there (it's in the States), and all I really have to do is watch and learn how the equipment works. It's really cool too...possibly the coolest thing we're going to have at our facility. And yet, that's NOT the part that truly excites me. What is making me stupidly giddy is that the company that manufactures this equipment is located in Aurora, Illinois.

Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?

That's right my friends, I'm going to Wayne's World!

Party on!

(Stay tuned...)

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

No comments: