Saturday, October 20, 2012

This Ain't No Disco, It Ain't No Country Club Either...

...This is L.A.

Yet another adventure out in the world.  I know you're asking yourself, so soon?!  Before you get too jealous, this time it's a quick trip out to the west coast for my cousin Clement's wedding.  And so it's a total family affair, with my parents, both of my brothers and other assorted relations.  I'm usually not particular about warm weather places.  As you know, I like the cold.  But in this case, I've been repeating "It's 27 degrees in L.A." to myself all week.

We landed pretty late last night, plus the flight was rough for me.  The fun began today when we went to the county courthouse to witness the civil ceremony.  I'd never attended one before, so it was definitely...different.  Afterwards we went for dim sum with the family and then headed back to my aunt's house.  My brothers and I lounged outside on the patio and mostly fell asleep.  We noticed that instead of squirrels roaming around the yards, it's lizards.

We went out with Clement and his friends for dinner.  Quite by accident, we did something that I had secretly been hoping to do: we went to a congregation of local food trucks.  They gather every Friday night.  Pulling in, it was amusing to see how many people were tailgating.  There were at least a dozen trucks parked in two rows, and while they all looked pretty good, I had instantly made up my mind the second I saw The Lime Truck.  I watch the Food Network almost daily, and not only were they the winners of The Great Food Truck Race, but they were also featured on Eat St.  I had the lamb sandwich with a limeade and shared the carnitas fries with my brothers.  Messy but very delicious.

Day One has been fun so far.  Tomorrow's the big party.

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die"

No comments: