Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Surreal Moment

Several days ago, I was getting into the elevator of my condo, and in the corner on the floor was one blue running shoe.  The other people in the elevator and I looked at it, and we all made a small comment about someone losing their shoe.  It looked kind of sad and forlorn.

The next morning, I happened to get on the same elevator, and I had the most surreal moment ever.  The same blue running shoe was still in the elevator.  But...sitting next to it, was the matching shoe.  I stared at the pair of blue running shoes the entire way down to the parking garage, absorbing the implications of the scene.

That image has stayed with me for days.  It's given me a new hope.  In the end, despite the odds, anyone can find their soulmate.

Or, in this case, their sole mate.

"But we all want some love, yeah we all crave for more, 'cause we all want some love, is it all, is it all we've waited for?"

No comments: