Saturday, May 20, 2017

No Irreparable Damage

How many times can a heart be broken before it's irreparably damaged?  I hope it's a high number.  Like, a REALLY high number.

That's right, friends, if you've been following the saga over the past few months, the movie is over.  In a way, it's a relief.  I don't know if I could take much more suspense.  Well, that's a bit of a lie, as it really wasn't such a shocking conclusion.  I had really high hopes this time around, but it turned out the same as it always does.  As someone who's had her heart broken many times, this is starting to become routine.  I know that's a downer, but it's true.  Maybe as time has passed, my philosophy has changed.  My beliefs haven't though, as the blue shoes have shown.  That's a good sign.

The most interesting part of this is that I've pretty much gotten back on the horse right away.  I don't mean that I'm seeing someone new immediately, but I've put myself out there again.  Another sign of changes in philosophy.  No moping, no feeling sorry for myself.  Clear out, they have to clean up the theatre for the next show.  And so it goes on.

"But I was late for this, late for that, late for the love of my life, and when I die alone, when I die alone, when I die I'll be on time"

No comments: