Sunday, February 12, 2006

Spectacular Debt

Wow...I'm about to have a Simpsons moment...please bear with me...

Grampa Simpson: "Lay-tex Con-dome. Boy, I'd sure like to live in one of those!"

Okay, while I won't be living in one of those, I will be living in a brand spanking new condo unit in Mississauga.

I'm sure some of you will now be scrolling back through my blog archives, looking for some mention of this in a previous post. But you won't find any. I only started looking for potential units last Tuesday. I made my decision on Thursday, and I was going to make the deal yesterday, but as it turned out, yesterday was the groundbreaking ceremony. My parents and I had no idea, so when we showed up and saw over a hundred people in the presentation centre, we were thinking that this place must be selling like hot cakes (I personally don't know how well hot cakes sell, but suffice it to say, they probably sell very quickly). We wandered in, helped ourselves to the free food and drink, listened to the mayor say a few words (geez, I really hope I'm as lively as she is when I turn 85), and tried to get the attention of a sales rep, but we were informed that it was not a good day to talk business. So we went back today and signed the deal. I swear, it was so quick and painless, I thought I was doing something wrong. Even my dad (who, by the way, is the best real estate agent in the whole world) was slightly surprised and mostly relieved that it all went so smoothly. We even got everything we wanted, including my beloved breakfast bar.

So the first deposit installment is down, the papers are signed, and now all I have to do is pay a visit to a laywer and prepare to shell out money for the next few months until I'm spectacularly in debt for the first time in my life. The closing for this place is October 2007, so I'm going to be excited for quite some time.

What's really great is that I already know what I want for my birthday and Christmas for the next two years.

Stage 2 of Plan B complete. Proceed to Stage 3.

"Homeward bound, I wish I was homeward bound"

1 comment:

JSC said...

Congratulations on your first HUGE purchase!
Can't wait to hear the rest of your INSIGHTful details...

-JSW