Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cold in the Summer

There are very few things that I hate. I HATE HAVING A COLD IN THE SUMMER.

Even to say it aloud seems wrong somehow. Like going against nature. And the reason it peeves me more is because I don't get sick very often. In fact, for the first few days, I didn't realize I was sick. I was trying to figure out why my ears were blocked and why I felt like I was choking on something.

So today, instead of doing something outside in the sunshine, I'm at home in my PJs, resting, and drinking hot fluids on a hot day. SO wrong.

"Summer dreams ripped at the seams..."

1 comment:

Christopher Spicer said...

At least you're not in denial. A few years back, I also was plagued with the Summer Sickness, but I thought, if I just ignored it then I could go about enjoying my summer. Instead, it meant that I got so sick that I was ordered to stay in bed and I missed out on a trip I was very much looking forward to. Here's hoping you've been reacquainted with your friend 'healthy' again.