Monday, June 09, 2014

Roman Holiday

I've been waiting for this for many months (and years before that, I suppose).  My own Roman Holiday.

A friend of mine had recently gotten married in a very small City Hall ceremony.  There was no reception in town.  However, they decided to go on a Mediterranean cruise and invited family and friends to join in.  I think it took me about 2 seconds to think about it before I responded.  The best part was that of all the ports of call for this cruise, I had only been to one place (Florence).  So it was going to be a new adventure, even for me.

Roman Holiday was such a great film.  And it hit me that I'm going to see so many places that were captured in film in some way.  So this will be my Hollywood tour of Europe, starting with the Eternal City. Stay tuned.

"Everything's so small when you're on top of the world"

No comments: