Monday, February 23, 2015

The Things You Learn

They thought it would take them three years and $7 million to build the Sydney Opera House.  It took them sixteen years and $102 million.  But it's pretty much stayed the same since it opened around 40 years ago, so I guess they got their money's worth.

Manly was named after some good looking aboriginal guys.  No, I didn't see any.

Sydney's been interesting.  Not, as my mother claimed, like Canada from the 1970's.  I even understood what most people were saying.  I tried some Vegemite (as I suspected, it's not for me), I ate some kangaroo, I got to lie on one of the most famous beaches in the world, I rode ferries almost daily.

I would write more but I have to find a bank machine to reset my credit card pin, and then we have to head to the airport to start the next part of the adventure.  See you in Christchurch.

"Livin' easy, lovin' free, season ticket on a one way ride"

No comments: