Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Virtual Window

The gentle swaying. How I've missed it.

I can't say where I am at the moment, only because I don't know. I guess the only location I can give is "the Atlantic Ocean". I'm on the Anthem of the Seas, one of the newest monstrosities released into the wild by Royal Caribbean. It isn't the biggest one (read: this one doesn't have a Central Park running through its midsection), but it's still big enough that I feel confident I'll be able to work off the calories just walking from the restaurant back to my room.

This is my 4th cruise, and I have to say this is a pretty nice ship. Everything is shiny and state of the art. They have a bar tended by robots! They have a skydiving simulator on the top deck! They have bumper cars and a food truck! They have wifi! But the accommodations have definitely improved. The room I have is a standard interior room, with the one difference that it has a virtual balcony. They mounted a huge TV screen on the wall that shows a real time image of the outside of the ship. So when we were pulling out of the pier in New Jersey, I was able to watch us pass by the Statue of Liberty without having to run up to the top deck.

The age in which we live.

And so now we're chugging our way southeast. A full day of sailing tomorrow, which can only mean one thing. Time for some bingo.

"I got this feeling inside my bones, it goes electric, wavy when i turn it on"

No comments: