Saturday, June 18, 2016

Rockin' and Rollin'

Everything is vibrating. Especially the "window". I forgot about this part of cruising. Who knows why everything is shaky tonight. They said the waves were only going to be about 6 feet or so...

Today was Bermuda, our first port. I was on a shore excursion on my own this time. Looking out of the "window" in the morning revealed the most dreary scene imaginable. As feared, it was pouring rain when I disembarked. People were snapping up the plastic bag ponchos at $2 a pop. Luckily for me, the last thing I remembered to grab on my way out the door at home was my umbrella. A number of the beach and water related tours were cancelled, but my tour went ahead.

The tour was really good. Lots of interesting facts (did you know that Michael Douglas is half-Bermudian?), lots of amazing scenery. We were able to basically cover the length of the country, which at a grand total of 21 miles wasn't too strenuous. Not a lot of time after we got back to the pier to do any shopping, though. I guess I'll have to wait until St. Maarten.

Another day on the high seas tomorrow.

"Hold, hold on, hold on to me, 'cause I'm a little unsteady, a little unsteady"

No comments: