Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Strange to be saying that on a Wednesday.

I attended my very first non-Chinese Chinese wedding on Saturday. That is to say, both the bride and groom are Chinese (I sort of know the groom), but the wedding banquet was at the Sheraton Hotel in Richmond Hill, and it was non-Chinese cuisine. Sort of like going to a formal, except with your parents. Food was pretty good, the music could have been better, and the games were a little bit unusual (instead of clinking the glassware, each table had the opportunity to go and pick a topic for Charades, and if they got the answer correct, the couple had to kiss). And of course, my brothers and cousins and I ended up at the "young persons' table". I felt sorry for the one girl, Vicky, who was here by herself and, while everyone else at the table had either graduated from university or was still in some post-secondary institution, she was slightly out of our age range (14, although she completely didn't look like it). But we all had a pretty good time. I have some bizarre photos of my parents shaking their groove thang that will probably haunt me for years to come.

Congratulations to Vancouver! Hopefully when I get there in a few weeks everyone will still be shiny and happy.

"Drive your car all night by just starlight to Canada"

No comments: