Thursday, June 26, 2003

After a couple of months of fishing my résumé out there in the void that is the job market, I finally landed my first post-grad interview. Here's the thing...I REALLY WANT THIS JOB. Not because I'm desperate for cash flow, oh no. The reason why I want this job is because it is almost exactly what I want to do, and it's in an industry that interests me highly (as superficial as it may sound later on). Basically, I would be working for Estée Lauder, more specifically for their sister company, MAC. Product quality control for a cosmetics company. For those who knew what my initial career goals were, yes, this is a slight deviation. And it's funny, because it's one of those things where you apply without the usual expectation of actually getting anywhere with it, and then being told that you are just the person they are looking for. As far as I know, I'm up against 3 or 4 other people, but I think the interview went pretty well. Unfortunately, I was the first person they interviewed, so I'll have to wait a while before I find out if I get the job. It's extremely hard to keep my excitement in check.

Please...please let me get this job...

"Hold your head high, don't look down"

No comments: