Tuesday, September 02, 2003

The first thing that I saw when I picked up my paper this morning was a reference to bananas. The funny thing about that is that the article was using the banana reference for people, not fruit. Those readers out there who are remotely Asian-Canadian will know what I'm talking about.

Here's a thought that has been on my mind for the past several days. It was discovered maybe a week ago that West Nile has hit a number of the local mosquitos. However, I have been bitten by various insects more times this summer than in the past couple of summers combined. I've been aware of the situation this whole time, but I haven't done anything to protect myself from the prospect of becoming ill. Weird that I'm not more concerned about my own health and safety.

Lesson of the day: If the platform is empty, the subway door guy will not sound the 'sol-mi-do" chime and will close the door almost as soon as it opens. (This lesson was learned while riding the rocket at a ridiculously early hour on a holiday Monday)

"Senorita, I feel for you, you deal with things, that you don't have to"

No comments: