Monday, September 22, 2003

Well, at this rate, it looks like my daddy is going to get a job before I do. Yes, my daddy is applying for a project manager job to oversee the completion of Phase 2 of a Chinese cultural centre. It's most likely in Markham or something. It was funny listening to him grumble about making a résumé. It's been DECADES since he's had to make a real one. This will be interesting if he gets it, because for one thing he'll have a full plate again, and, as a result of his involvement, we may be thrust back into the Chinese community after...how many years? I can't remember.

In other news, I don't know what it is with the birds in my neighbourhood, but they've taken up the hobby of slamming into my living room window. A couple of days ago I was sitting there and WHAM!! The blue jay staggered around on the ground in a spastic kind of way but after a while he took off. The next day a smaller brown bird was not so lucky. I thought my brother had taken care of the body but laziness and inclement weather has meant that the poor thing is still lying on our patio.

"I will go down with this ship, I won't put my hands up and surrender"

No comments: