Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Do you have someone in your life who consistently throws cold water all over your happy moments? In my case, it will always be my father. No matter how well I've done, or what kind of good fortune comes my way, or almost any time I have a fun activity planned, he'll always come up with some crap that spoils the entire mood. "You should have done this"..."You shouldn't have done that"..."This could happen"..."That could kill you"..."Do you know what I would have done instead?" (that's a popular one, the one that irks me the most)

My mom can be a downer sometimes too, but more often than not her agitated rants come from some kind of misunderstanding on her part. She'll get all huffy about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. But my dad is the one who is a pro at making me feel stupid. Just another one of those things on my list of things that I'm never going to do to my child.

At least phase 1 is complete (securing an income). On to phase 2 (getting the hell out of here).

"Only when I stop to think about it...I hate everything about you"

No comments: