Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Suicide Rates Skyrocket in Stouffville

Something is going on in the hinterland. Driving along Stouffville Road today, I encountered something like 10 dead animals (or at least bits and pieces of them) all over the road, and spread out between the highway exit and the plant. These were not the usual squirrels and skunks. They were somewhat larger. But, unfortunately, they were a little too disassembled for me to tell what they were.

Poor things...was there no other way?

"I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream, I don't know why I instigate and say what I don't mean"

1 comment:

Andrew said...

It's shocking to me but I have actually seen more roadkill here on the streets of Etobicoke in the past three months than I did in my year in New Hampshire. Are there no jobs for animals out in the hinterlands . . . . do they come here to work in the hopes that they can land a service industry gig?

I could have sworn the guy who handed me my last Subway meal was a chipmunk.