Friday, August 20, 2004

Talk About Sweet!

I keep my eyes open for any kind of contest/promotion that features prizes that interest me, like all expense paid trips to South Africa and the like. But it's not just the biggie prizes, it's small things too, like music.

This summer, Fruitopia has been offering promotion in conjunction with Puretracks. Now, I say to myself, fruit juice AND an ethical music download? Sweet! The bonus was that I got the Fruitopia for free. Double sweet! There's an access code inside the bottle cap, and you just go to the Puretracks website and follow the arrows. The contest itself is a little devious. Once you enter your info and the access code, they play a random song and show ten random cartoon DJs, and they ask you to pick which one you think is spinning the track. Now, there is NO way to tell just by looking which one is doing it. It's not like they head-bob in time to the music or anything, they're all pre-programmed to move in the same continuous looping pattern. It' s more like the rubber duck game at the CNE: try your luck, pick a duck, win a prize. You're allowed to play up to three access codes a day. I only have two, but I've been trying almost daily. So far, in the past four weeks, I've won four times, and each time, it was always the first DJ I looked at. If I waffled and tried to guess logically, then I always picked the wrong one. It's kind of weird how it works better when I don't think.

Lesson of the day: Don't think. Trust your instincts.

"Just do it, just start the commotion"

No comments: