Monday, August 30, 2004

Somewhere...Beyond the Sea...

Son of a...!!

Sorry, it's just that I've managed to get a song stuck in my head. "Beyond the Sea", as you may have deduced. No no, not the Robbie Williams/"Finding Nemo" version or the Will Young version and certainly not the Wet Wet Wet version. The original Bobby Darin version. It's a nice mellow song, don't you think? I guess it got stuck in there because I'm doing my pre-film fest research, and I want to go see "Beyond the Sea", the biopic about Bobby Darin starring Kevin Spacey. Who looks like a reincarnated Bobby Darin when you put the two photos next to each other. CREEPY. But I like the music. He was actually more famous for "Mack the Knife" and "Splish Splash", among others. Of course, his life story is full of controversy, otherwise they wouldn't have made it into a movie. Kate Bosworth is going to play his wife Sandra Dee. It looks like it's going to be a good movie. And hey, Kevin Spacey is (possibly) going to be there, so how cool is that?

"My lover stands on golden sands and watches the ships that go sailin'"

No comments: