Thursday, January 01, 2009

Humbuggy

Happy New Year dear friends, I hope 2009 rang in safely for everyone.

The holidays have been both busy and mundane, if that's possible. Today, for example, has been a complete "PJ day". I think, if I were to make any resolutions for the new year, that I would resolve to have more PJ days in the future, other than when I'm feeling sick. Some people might prefer to go out and about as much as they can, but I'm perfectly happy lounging around in my flannel pjs, eating leftovers from last night's party, watching childhood programming on TV (they're running all three "Anne of Green Gables" miniseries this week). It's funny, watching old shows now as an adult, I've found that I understand a lot more of what they were insinuating at back in the day. And certain scenes could have a different context now than they did back then.

Backing up a bit, Christmas came and went and didn't really feel like Christmas at all. Hence the bah humbuggy feeling that I've been having. I guess having to work on Christmas Eve had something to do with it, and the fact that my brothers and I agreed not to exchange gifts this year.

Boxing Day was probably the most exciting.  A lot of big ticket items this year, including my shiny new TV and my oh, so pretty new computer.  But it still bugs me that they've made it possible to buy stuff for Boxing Day on Christmas Eve.  It's just not right.

It's a little Humbuggy actually.

"There's a list for who's been naughty or nice, but consider the price to an elf"

No comments: