Friday, January 16, 2009

Smaller in Person

For the first time in three years, I stepped across a threshold and into my condo.  Well, the very first time, it was a model unit that wasn't EXACTLY my condo, but the moment I saw it, I knew it was what I wanted to live in.  And yesterday morning, I got to see it.  It was everything I had ever hoped it would be...except that it wasn't finished.  Yes, it was a dusty mess, and there were bits and pieces missing, and naturally the whole point of the visit was to point out all the boo boos. The one thing that struck me while I was walking around was that it was a little bit smaller than I remembered it.  Which, I guess, is to be expected.  These many months of anticipation have probably warped my perception.  Thank goodness I didn't buy any furniture yet.  But the one thing that I had in my mind, that I was hoping for this entire time, was exactly the way I had pictured it.  I looked out the window and saw the Toronto skyline.  It was small, but it was there.  It was fantastic.  On a clear day, I bet I could really see all the condos clustered around the base of the Tower.  Not to mention the lake.  That was all I needed to make it perfect.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but you just can't take the city out of the girl.

The countdown has now dwindled to two weeks.  I was so giddy yesterday I couldn't concentrate on anything at work.  But the stresses from my job, the recent running around to get ready for the interim closing day, and running a household while my parents were away on a really well-timed Caribbean cruise have taken a toll, and I'm too tired to truly focus on this turning point of my life.  I figure I still have plenty of time to be excited later.

"No telling where it'll take ya, just live your life"

No comments: