Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New

I'm sure a bazillion people are blogging today. It's one of those moments in a generation that needs to be marked somehow. So I'm doing that here. And all I'm calling it is "New". Because, hopefully, everything is new now.

I, like countless others, snuck away from my desk at noon today and watched the inauguration of the new American President. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for his entire speech, but I knew I'd be able to see it ad nauseam on CNN or any other news outlet for days to come. It wasn't really the words I was looking to experience. It was just the experience I wanted to experience. To be able to say that I saw him take office as it was actually happening. And I'm not sure if it's normal to have ten inaugural balls, but I'm sure it's never received this kind of coverage before. Tonight's all about the celebration of the event. I'm genuinely interested to see what he's going to do tomorrow.

Brand new day.

"I'm so glad that I know more than I knew then, gonna keep on tryin' till I reach the highest ground"

No comments: