Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Downside of Caring

It's been a frustrating day.  The worst part of it is that I know how it could all have been avoided.

If only I could care less.

That was the underlying theme of the day.  All of the aggravation and emotion would have been non-existent and I could have gone about my day happy as a clam (assuming that clams are happy) if I didn't care.

But I do care.  I care that if someone came to me with a problem, even if I had absolutely no power to do anything about it, I would try to help anyway.  I care that if I see something wrong, I would try to fix it.  I care that even if someone else made the mistake, I would correct it.

I can't help it.  It's in my nature.  I catch myself doing it all the time.  Sometimes it's crazy how quickly I will drop whatever I'm doing in order to assist someone else.

I guess my parents gave me the right name after all.

"Heaven holds a sense of wonder, and I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides"

No comments: