Monday, March 04, 2013

Back In The Saddle

Life's full of setbacks.  Everyone knows this.  Me especially.  The important thing is what you can take away from it.  This time around, by some miracle, I feel like I've actually learned something about me.

I can't believe it's taken this long for my instincts to kick in.  For once, I actually saw something coming.  I'm going to take this as a really good sign for the future, that I'm going to be okay.

I was also right about something that I had long suspected about myself.  I just can't be random.  I can't do it.  I need to build a base, do research, overanalyze.  It makes things more difficult, but what else can I do?  At least during this process, I've figured out some things that I should and shouldn't do.  For next time.

This past weekend, my coworker watched as her 11-year-old daughter was thrown head first from a horse that was taking a jump a little too aggressively.  This was her daughter's first show where she was competing in jumping.  Luckily, her daughter was fine.  The more important thing was that she hasn't been turned off of riding.  My coworker told her daughter, "Everyone experiences one big fall.  This was yours."  So true.

"May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on"

No comments: