Monday, May 20, 2013

Greetings From The Future

So this is what the future is like.

Oh my goodness.  It's so hot.  But it's not as bad as I thought it would be, when you consider that there's air conditioning pretty much everywhere you go.  And, despite my best efforts, I am kind of sick.  I have the feeling that everyone is secretly giving me the stink-eye for not wearing a bird flu mask.

Some general observations:
  • There are 7-Eleven convenience stores EVERYWHERE.  Making them remarkably convenient.
  • May is the start of the rainy season.  Oops.
  • My brother's room at our great-aunt's apartment looked bigger when we were talking on Skype.
  • The whole place just gives me the impression of it being one big Chinatown.  For obvious reasons, but especially the architecture, the signage, the people, and, of course, the smells.
I went up to Victoria Peak, which is about as touristy as you can possibly get.  We were just below the cloudline when we got there, but as the sun set, the clouds rolled in and everything was glowing in the mist.  Very cool.

"There's a wonderful place called tomorrowland, and it's only a dream away"

No comments: