Monday, May 13, 2013

The Boys Always Break My Heart

Sigh.

As I left work today, I told my boss (a diehard Habs fan) that I was pretty sure the Leafs were going to break my heart tonight.  He was actually convinced that the Leafs would break his heart.  I hate to be so pessimistic, but historical evidence is hard to ignore.  And I've found that if I keep my expectations low, it makes exceeding them that much easier and satisfying.

I flipped to the game when they were winning 4-1 in the 3rd period.  For a second, I got excited.  But I had a terrible feeling that it wasn't going to last.  It didn't.  A spectacular choke.  I couldn't even bring myself to watch the overtime.  Instead, I watched Chris Hadfield land in the middle of Kazakhstan.  Much more successful.

"Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do"

No comments: