Sunday, March 23, 2003

The post-party-mellow-out phase. Here's a numerical recap of last night's events:

6 - number of people I knew who showed up to the same salon to get their hair done at the same time (5 girls + 1 prof getting his hair cut)
1 - number of times we had to turn around because we forgot something
620 - approximate number of people who came to this shindig
zillion - approximate number of photos I was directly or indirectly involved in
3 - number of times I was hit on the head with a balloon by a drunken classmate (actually, it was the same person each time)
2 - number of glasses of wine that I had
5 - number of really good songs played in a row that I had to dance to, despite the fact that my feet were numb
1 - number of muscles I pulled while dancing a little too vigorously
0 - number of door prizes I won (boo...)
42 - number of bobby pins I pulled out of my skull at the end of the night ("ouch" doesn't exactly cover it)
7 - number of hours of sleep I managed (not too shabby)
2 - number of extra people living at my house right now

From the sporatic reports I had received throughout the night and today, people seemed to have enjoyed themselves, which is always nice to hear when you spent the last 8 months getting this thing ready for them. And as far as I know, nobody destroyed any toilets this year, which is also nice to hear. But someone did have a confrontation with a door. Unfortunately, he lost.

"See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen"

No comments: