Saturday, December 06, 2003

Oh No, You Don't Get Off That Easy...:

The past few days have been filled with social activity. Hooray! I have the semblance of a life!

Thursday, I went to Second City with Jocelyn to see a couple of her Laurier friends perform some improv. Their group, Calibre:Gros, was really good. We were sitting next to Alex's mom, and she defintely enjoyed it, even when they made some references to Alex's circumsized status.

Today, I made a little pit stop at MEC and got myself some early Christmas presents. My brothers got me a climbing harness (thanks guys!) and my parents got me some rock shoes (thanks Mom and Dad!). I even gave myself the gift of a chalkbag and chalk (thanks me!). Then I met up with Howie and we made our way through cold streets and detoured streetcars to Joe Rockhead's. After my confidence-crushing experience at Rock Oasis, I was glad to be back where I could make it to the top of several walls, and I got to use my own equipment (no more rental shoes for me!). The best part was that I didn't strain myself the way I did last time. Other than a little knee scrape, I was doing okay. Someone must have noticed that, because no sooner had we finished and I stepped into the changeroom, I jammed my thumb. I guess they weren't going to let me get away injury-free.

Tomorrow, Jocelyn and I will make another jaunt downtown to Aphasia's CD release party. We'll be there supporting her friend Stephany (the bassist). So exciting! It's great to see people you know on a stage. If you're in the neighbourhood of the 360 Club, come check it out! I have to admit, the guys look a little scary on their website, but their music is pretty good. I would suggest wearing black.

"I will let you down, I will make you hurt"

No comments: