Thursday, March 11, 2004

Happy Birthday Big Five:

Okay, so this is technically untrue. I have no idea when my beloved Fifth Avenue was "born", but today was the day that the odometer slowly creeped past 99999 and started on it's third time around the dial. 200 thousand kilometers is a lot, isn't it? Sigh...I can't believe we're going to get rid of her soon...

Every once in a while I like to sit back and realize that I'm a grown-up. Well, at least marvel at the grown-up things that I do. Like tonight. I had dinner with my good friend Howie (I find that's the phrase I use whenever I mention him now..."my good friend Howie") at a place in the Bloor West Village that serves "West Coast" cuisine, which was extremely appropriate for the occasion. We ordered martinis, and had a conversation while live jazz was playing in the background. Then we phoned a number of friends and organized a brunch on Saturday. I'm not sure how much more grown-up we could be.

"Summertime and the livin' is easy"

No comments: