Thursday, March 04, 2004

Lesson for yesterday: So yeah, the TTC does run 24 hours on some routes, including buses that run along the subway lines after they close...

So work is going well. Still complaining about the drive, but there are some things that you just learn along the way. Like the fact that every day, I drive past that company that used to offer the rocket scientist position for co-op (I kept saying to myself, "why does the town of Gormley sound so familiar?). And it really is in the middle of nowhere, which makes good sense when you're working with rockets...

It's been three weeks, and already I'm kind of swamped with stuff to do at work. Which I'm not complaining about, I like to keep busy. I guess I didn't expect it to pick up so soon. Of course, the obligatory training is coming up, like GMP and WHMIS and Inspection Prep. (a.k.a. "What to do when the FDA guy comes around"). Always a good time at those.

But it's not all toil and stress. The ladies I work with are hilarious. They make fun of each other incessantly. I guess I'm fitting in nicely, since they're starting to include me in the taunting. But there's really nothing like watching a couple of Filipino ladies dancing around the office doing their best rendition of "She Bangs" a la William Hung.

"Cause she looks like a flower but she stings like a bee"

No comments: