Thursday, March 25, 2004

Musical Stylings:

I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't catch Aphasia's set at Sneaky Dee's yesterday. After missing their CD release party a while back, I was looking forward to going to one of their gigs. But since their set didn't start until 11:45pm, I had to pass in favour of sleep and general consciousness at work the next day. Stupid job, getting in the way of my having a social life on a weekday...

So rumour has it that Unibrau might be getting back together. Good. Because as I recall, somebody still owes me some rock.

And now, for something slightly different but still musically related. Upon hearing that Madonna was coming to town this summer, I quickly fired off an e-mail to my friend Bashar, who is the biggest Madonna fan I know. Unfortunately, he's sequestered deep in the heart of Chatham at the moment. I got a reply from him shortly, and as I should have guessed, he had already found out about the concert through the e-mail alerts that he gets from some Madonna fansite or another. Life in Chatham has lost most (if not all) of it's appeal, it seems, but Bashar has a renewed lease on life with the arrival of his new pet, a cat. Which he promptly, and in very typical Bashar fashion, named Pussy. I'm sure it's a very adorable cat. Apparently, he still gets slight cringes when he tells his co-workers that he's going home to play with his Pussy.

"Express yourself, don't repress yourself"

No comments: