Wednesday, March 10, 2004

So, my good friend Howie is jetting off on Saturday. Bon voyage...

I had a realization this week. In the time that it used to take for me to drive from my house to Waterloo, that is now the same amount of time it takes for me to drive to work each day. This realization made me think of Mike. Back in the days of Woodbridge Foam, Mike opted to stay at his place in Waterloo (as opposed to subletting it out in the summer, which, as I've experienced, is a complete pain in the ass) and make the commute every day to Woodbridge. It would take him a little over an hour or so. I used to think, "Poor Mike..." Poor Mike indeed. At least he was able to carpool with Andrew, the part-time grad student, full-time foam jockey.

Speaking of work, I now have a ton of it. You know you've made it when there isn't a square inch of desk space left. I'm handling two complaints right now that are frankly not the easiest things in the world and are actually making me a little antsy. First, there's the complaint about a drug that smells like rotten eggs (it's not supposed to smell like rotten eggs). There are at least a dozen complaints about this product that cover maybe eight or ten different batches. So, as you may well guess, my job now is to pull out a million retain samples and check to see if they smell like rotten eggs. My nose is not speaking to me anymore, plus I'm not sure how healthy it is for me to be inhaling this stuff. Second, there's the complaint about another drug that has a coating problem, namely that the coating is peeling off. Right now, it has me stumped because it's unusual that nobody, not in manufacturing or even in packaging, noticed that the coating was peeling off all of these pills, but that's not all. I looked up what this drug is used for (as I do with most of the drugs I deal with now). It is an antipsychotic drug. Okay, I've seen "Girl, Interrupted" a few times, and I know that in most mental institutions, they do use drugs to treat patients, but I would have thought that, by now, they would come up with a better category name for it. Or maybe it's better to keep it simple.

"One, two, three, take my hand and come with me"

No comments: