Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Welcome to the Winter Olympics

I seem to be two for two, for two reasons. Today was women's ski cross, where I watched another great Canadian female athlete bring home a gold medal. I also got soaked again, but for a different reason. If you saw the races, you'll have noticed that it started to snow at Cypress. Then, it started to snow A LOT. By the time the final heat was finished, there was accumulation on the metal staircases, making it somewhat treacherous. The only good thing was that the mountain was no longer mostly brown.

Coming down the mountain, the snow quickly turned into rain, and it looks like it's going to stay that way for the rest of my stay here on the west coast. Regardless, we're going to join the epic line-up for the zip line first thing tomorrow morning, so I'm going to have to cut this short.

P.S. The random meeting has occurred: we spotted our high-school friend Leena in the stands at Cypress. If you're a friend of hers on Facebook, check out her new status.

"And you've already got me coming undone, and I'm thinking two is better than one"

No comments: