Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Back on Track:

A number of things that are finally getting done by me:

1) Joining a gym. It's been almost a year but I'm finally getting back into the groove. I guess I should eventually get around to figuring out how to use the machines, but for now I'll just stick to what I like, and that's the classes. Last week I pushed myself so hard in Step that afterwards I was dizzy and nauseous while I was getting groceries for my mom. That's the stuff.

2) Cleaning my room. Yes, the crap is back. And really never left. I just started new piles on my floor. I still haven't tackled under my bed yet (shudder).

3) Going out with co-workers. I'm not talking about meals either (because I've already done that). We're going to see Hairspray tomorrow night. It was quite last minute (we decided today), and nice and cheap ($60 for an orchestra seat that's about 10 rows from the front).

So...yeah...it's been productive.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was my birthday on the weekend? Quarter-century baby. It honestly doesn't feel any different. Although I have yet to write my age down on paper anywhere. Hopefully I'll remember what it is when I do.

This was by far one of the best birthdays ever. I'd like to say first and foremost that I have awesome friends. For the past couple of months, they've been scheming and planning and organizing my own make-over shopping spree, then dinner, then a trip up the Manulife Centre to the Panorama lounge, which came with a gigantic novelty card (signed by those present as well as those from afar) and a mix CD with personalized liner notes.

Thanks again to everyone for the gifts and well-wishes. This is going to be a year of big celebration for most of us, and this birthday extravaganza is going to be hard to top. But just watch me.

Good job, Binky.

"There's never a wish better than this, when you only got 100 years to live"

No comments: