Monday, April 26, 2004

My God, I'm So Depressed Now...:

This has been a weird evening. I was watching Sixth Sense on TV, which if nothing else is a pretty sad movie. I flipped between that and Everwood, which featured the character who had AIDS leaving town because people were shunning her and mainly because Dr. Brown just broke up with her. And then, for some reason, I decided to log into Friendster to see what was new and found out that last month a guy I had met at CUTC had died from cancer. When I met him, he had just come back from missing about a year of school and the chemo had left him relatively bald and somewhat thin. But he was such a great guy, full of awesome ideas and energy. He came with me during our midnight grocery store raid for pop and chips, and he was one of the guys who agreed to pull the overnight shift for me at the headquarter desk.

I think he was about a year or so younger than I am, but since he had missed so much school he had to drop back a couple of terms. I remember that I didn't see him at this year's conference in January and I meant to ask someone about it but it slipped my mind.

Vince, we hardly knew ye...

No comments: