Friday, April 09, 2004

The Dream is Dead:

Well, there won't be any condo-living for me in the near future. At least, not in my parents' condo. Yes, I am back on this topic, only because I finally got the guts to confront them about it again. I had to let it cool off for a while, to wait out the aftershocks. I asked my mom if she was serious about what she had said earlier about letting me rent the condo. She said that she was, but that my dad isn't. Doesn't make sense, he says. Well, fine. But then she says one of those ridculous statements of hers. She said that I should save up some money so that I can buy my own place near whatever permanent job I get later on. She went on to say that although it was okay that I was renting a place while I was at school and it couldn't be avoided, I shouldn't be renting anymore because I'm past that age. Okay...I'm TOO OLD TO RENT??? I was somehow able to walk out of the room without bursting out laughing (or screaming). I honestly can't believe that she said that. What kind of backwards bizarro world is she living in? I don't know. I think my parents are doing what some of my friends' parents are doing, living the dream that I won't move out until I'm married. Except my parents aren't being as straight-forward about it.

Oh well, onward and upward. Now I can concentrate on the car proposal. And who knows, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow with $21 million.

"Just a moment of weakness, I should examine my head"

No comments: