Sunday, July 29, 2012

If Soccer And Basketball Had A Baby...

Alcohol of the Day: Peroni

...that's what handball is.  Actually, it kind of includes ice hockey too.  They pass the ball to each other either by throwing or bouncing.  They can only travel for a few steps or three seconds.  They can dribble the ball but if they stop, they have 3 seconds to pass or shoot.  There are penalty shots, yellow cards, and suspensions (usually for two minutes).  They have an unlimited number of fouls, so full body contact is encouraged.  And it's an incredibly fast game.  Observe:


Oh yeah, somehow we got seats directly behind the goal.  I flinched once when the ball flew over the goal and into the protective netting.

By the way, Olympic Park is as nice as it appears on TV.  And they have the largest McDonald's I've ever seen.

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down"

No comments: