Thursday, July 19, 2012

Things I've Noticed About Dublin

Alcohol of the Day: Jameson Whiskey

First things first - to continue from yesterday, here are a few images:



And here are a few from today:





As we walked all over Dublin city centre today, I realized that I was hearing a lot of different languages being spoken.  Particularly French and Spanish.  Not a lot of English, not even with the Irish accent.

We were on two different tours today, one at Dublin Castle and one at Old Jameson Distillery, and both of those tours were led by girls with names that I've never heard of before, that were somewhat easy to pronounce but I'm sure I have no idea how to spell.  Actually, I can't really remember them right now.

When parallel parking on the road, you can park in any direction you like.  Even if it means facing into traffic.  I haven't seen this parking technique executed yet, and it baffles me.  It also confuses me further when it comes to the direction of traffic in general.

My brother still can't used to the fact that there's daylight past 9:00pm.

It appears that I'm not the only one who's not very impressed with the Dublin bus system.  We'll find out what the DART train is like tomorrow.  Yeah, two different transit systems...

Last day in Dublin tomorrow.  Onward to Belfast.

"And when tomorrow comes, we can do it all again"

No comments: