Thursday, October 23, 2003

My Father the Spy:

Operation CleanRoom is picking up steam, especially in the last couple of days since I decided to focus exclusively on my closet. That's when I found one of the coolest things ever. I pulled out a box from one of the more remote corners of the closet, thinking it was something like a portable heater or an old turntable. I popped it open, and it was actually an old tape recorder. It had two big spools, like the ones you see on TV, being used in CIA interrogations in the 1960s, or in old fashioned stake-outs with the two guys in the unmarked van taping the conversations of known mafiosos. The best part is that there's a tape on the machine that has clearly been used. I can't wait to find a power source and find out what's on it. I showed it to my dad, and the first thing he said was "Great! Now I can listen to those tapes that I have."

"Secret agent man, secret agent man, they've given you a number and taken away your name"

No comments: