Monday, October 27, 2003

15 Minutes...Maybe More:

Wow. I was on TV. Not only that, I was on TV standing 6 feet away from Sarah McLachlan, my favourite recording artist, listening to her perform. So, if you saw me and Boni last night, sorry, we hardly had room to breathe let alone wave when the cameras were turned towards us. Damn tall people. But since MuchMore is going to rerun the special presentation a million times in the next couple of days, here are some general tidbits of information:

1) Boni and I were standing directly to the right of Sarah when she's performing on the piano. Look for the woman with the dark v-neck sweater and short hair. You'll see me and Boni on either side, peaking around her head.

2) During the first interview segment, near the end of the "Lisa from St. Thomas" phone call question, there's a very clear close-up of Boni.

3) During the performance of "Dirty Little Secrets", the second song, there's an EXTREMELY clear close up of my head.

4) We had to rehearse the opening (where Bill Welychka first introduces Sarah while everyone is going crazy) FIVE TIMES before the show started. We had to cheer just as loudly each time.

5) I'm about the same height as Sarah. I know because she had to walk past us on the way in and on the way out, and I was maybe three feet away from her. Also, her hair is just brown, not black, despite what the promotional photos would suggest.

6) The floor director made it clear that we weren't supposed to approach her for autographs, but some people did anyway. Bastards.

7) When the show was over and we were waiting to get our coats, Bill passed by to grab something before he headed home. He thanked us for coming, and then the security guy said something like, "These people were waiting for you. Aren't you going to go over there and talk to them?" Bill stopped and looked at us for a second in a bewildered manner before the security guy started to laugh.

8) The Café Crêpe that's across the street and always visible during Much broadcasts has really good crêpes. Boni wondered if they were clever and knew they'd get free daily publicity or if they were just incredibly lucky when they acquired that piece of real estate.

"Though I've tried I've fallen, I have sunk so low, I messed up, better I should know"

No comments: