Monday, October 06, 2003

Things I Thought Would Never Happen:

I never thought I would see Jocelyn take down a 250-lb male. Okay, I didn't exactly see it, but she reenacted the event with some assistance from Em (which was one of the funnier and more painful things I have seen of late). I now know where the pain sensitive areas are, and how to get out of a situation where someone is choking me...err...from the front, anyway. Ooh, I should clarify this: she was taking down the guy as part of her "use of force" training. She wasn't being accosted on the street or anything.

I never thought I would ever join an online network. No, it's not a dating service, but it could be used for that purpose. It's also a friend network, and I've found people there that I haven't seen in years. Funniest thing: I had been on the network for 24 hours and I already received a message from a guy I don't know who's a friend of a friend of a friend of mine. Did I mention that this is a "six degrees of separation" kind of thing? It's staggering, I've got four friends on my network but through them I'm connected to over 27000 people in the world.

The girls and I went on a road trip yesterday to Creemore Ontario. It's an hour and half north of TO, just south of Collingwood. It was voted one of the top 10 prettiest towns in Canada, so we had to go and check it out. Cute town. We thought we would be an attraction for the locals ('look, Asian people!') but it turns out that there was another group of Asians, who were clearly tourists, at the brewery (Creemore Springs...good beer). Then we saw an Asian chick in a restaurant who looked like a local. So much for being unique.

"I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around"

No comments: