Wednesday, September 07, 2011

TIFF Diaries: Pre-fest

It's the day before the film fest, but I've been a busy bee for the past week and a half.  My stint at the box office went something like this:

Boring day

Quiet day

Missed the busy period day

Utter insanity day

Quiet day

I hadn't gone to the first day of single ticket sales in a really long time, so why I thought I could get through the line within the 3.5 hours that I had before my shift began, I will never know.  Of course, having the entire system crash for an hour didn't help me.  Thank goodness a friend was available to stand in the line and put in my order for me while I went to work. 4 hours later, she passed my ticket order to me before going off in search of food.  I so owe her a meal...

Actually, I've already had a chance to see a film!  The volunteers were treated to a sneak peek screening of a Gala film.  It was a French Canadian film, which I knew almost nothing about but it was extremely entertaining and actually quite touching.  More about it at a later date.

So, my box office days are done, and I'll be spending 4 straight days at Ryerson, my fave theatre.  Lots to see and do in the next eleven days.  I'll try my best to keep the diary going.

"I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hanging on a moment of truth"

No comments: